Sunday, July 13, 2014

Our Journey In Pet Fostering

Once upon a time our family decided to foster a dog. Charlie was our first and last experience with pet fostering. I guess you can say we failed. Charlie has been a part of our family for two years. He once was a timid and insecure abandoned pup found in a park on a cold rainy spring day. Now he is a smart trickster who has made a name for himself on Instagram.

You can call me his side kick. I have enjoyed training Charlie with many small tricks I have seen posted on the internet. Charlie is such a smart dog and catches on really quick. It's hard to believe anyone would have willingly given up such a smart and loyal dog. I guess that was luck on our part.

Now that Charlie is successful and thriving in our home, we've decided to foster again. This time we are hoping to be more successful by not keeping foster dogs. Not because we wouldn't love another pup addition but to give a chance at life for a less fortunate animal. This blog will be our journal and hopefully a teaching tool for other people who are considering adopting shelter animals. There are many pets who need good homes and I hope you will see the worthiness of adopting one. I hope to dispel any myths or assumptions you might have about shelter pets.

I hope to use this blog and our experience to bring attention to animal shelters. Animals have always occupied a large piece of my heart. Maybe my passion for animals and animal causes will inspire others and gain your support for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment