Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Furever Home

Hey guys!

Good news.


Bear got adopted!

When he was at the adoption fair he was scared at first, so we walked him around a little. We then brought him to his crate he was to be in during the fair. He didn't cower in the back like he did in the shelter. In fact when people came up to his crate he would go towards the front and sniff their hand. (Which he usually doesn't do).

He got quite a lot of attention at the fair within the first 30 minutes we were there. 

The lucky family who adopted Bear was a family of four. They had lost their lab and were ready for a new dog.

I think these people were the perfect family for Bear.

I hope Bear can see that these people will love him unconditionally and will warm up to them very quickly.

The only thing I am sad about is that I didn't get to say goodbye. When they told us he had gotten adopted his new family had already taken him. But I am glad he got adopted so fast!

Although Charlie was pretty sad and confused the first couple of days Bear wasn't here.


It is amazing that Bear went from being a terrified dog who was about to be euthanized in 3 days to a happy loving pup in a weeks work.

Now I am especially excited to start fostering another dog (or puppy) from the Animal Friends of the Valleys shelter. After Bear I think I will start preferring dogs that are about to be euthanized or have the most problems. Oops? Lol. But I think its good to have those types of dogs because you get to see the amazing dog they change into because of your work.

I aslo want to thank Kara (Ramblings of a Marine Wife) for our "surprise" Swiffer box.


I will have to teach Charlie how to clean with these.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment